Ali Gilmore – A Tale of Imperfection at its Best
In the summer of 2010 I was working my 15th year in technology, feeling burnt out and pretty middle aged.
If you’d told me then that in the four years to follow, I would face and survive stage IV colon cancer, publish a book that inspires others to fight this disease, become a sports photographer with a highlight of covering David Beckham’s final US match at the 2012 MLS Cup, write and perform over 30 original songs, I would’ve thought you were some kind of twisted Tony Robbins wannabe, but this has been my life to date and it has been amazing.
So after all that, what’s next? Knock items off the bucket list, that’s what:
- Explore Ireland – check
- “Record a full length CD from my original songs.” – check
- Sit in a movie theatre with my friends and watch a film with my songs in it
- Perform my song “Positano” at the Festa del Pesce in Positano, Italy – check
- Write a screenplay – in progress…
- Go ice fishing and “snow machining” with my friends who moved to Minnesota
- Swim with the wale sharks of Isla Mujeres, Mexico
- Drive up the length of Scotland and see the Aurora Borealis
- Ride a camel and explore the Pyramids of Egypt
- Travel to places I’ve never been and records singles of my original music with musicians I’ve yet to meet