Ali Gilmore – A Tale of Imperfection at its Best
In the summer of 2010 I was working my 15th year in technology, feeling burnt out and pretty middle aged.
If you’d told me then that in the few years to follow I would; face and survive stage IV colon cancer, publish 2 books that inspire others to fight this disease, become a sports photographer with a highlight of covering David Beckham’s final US match at the 2012 MLS Cup, write and perform over 30 original songs, I would’ve thought you were some kind of twisted Tony Robbins wannabe, but this has been my life to date and it has been amazing.
So after all that, what’s next? Knock some items off the ever growing bucket list, that’s what:
- Explore Ireland – check, check
- “Record a full length CD from my original songs.” – check
- Perform my song “Positano” at the Festa del Pesce in Positano, Italy – check
- Jump out of a plane/skydive – check (and never ever again)
- Help launch and represent a cool band – check (www.thebastardsonsofnedgiblin.com)
- Be a guest on a radio show/podast – check, check and check
- Swim with the whale sharks of Isla Mujeres, Mexico (half check. Made it to Isla. WS season was over, but I did snorkel in the open sea… Will go back to get that checked off)
- Go river rafting with Timber Jim Serrill (legendary mascot for the Portland Timbers MLS team) – Scheduled for Summer, 2015
- Drive around Scotland and see/film the Aurora Borealis – Scheduled for November, 2015
- Write a screenplay
- Learn to play the bagpipes
- Go ice fishing and “snow machining” with my friends (Serg and Anne) who moved to Minnesota
- Be a contestant on a game show
- Visit Miriam and the boys at their summer camp in France
- Sit in a movie theatre with my friends and watch a film with one of my songs in it
- Play a cameo/bit part in an Indie film or TV show
- Learn to play the cello
- Go for a walk with Ricky Gervais
- Drink Tequila and cuss with Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson
- Explore the other 2/3d’s of the planet/scuba dive – AKA get over fear of sharks
- Own property
- Ride a camel and explore the Pyramids of Egypt
- Travel to places I’ve never been and records singles of my original music with musicians I’ve yet to meet
- Make over a million people less afraid of cancer and better prepared to face it
Be A Part Of It!
Want to book Ali for a performance/speaking engagement or help Ali conquer her bucket list?